iPhone 4S hangs on "canceling sync" following iOS7 upgrade
    Hi all, longtime lurker, first-time poster here. I've been searching various forums over the past few days and haven't found any recent threads addressing this issue. Was wondering if I am all alone in the world in experiencing perma-hang during iPhone sync after upgrading a 4S to iOS7.

First iTunes sticks on "waiting for items to copy" for varying intervals of up to an hour, then abruptly switches to "Canceling sync," where it hangs indefinitely. I've let it go overnight to no avail. Have also tried everything recommended in all the searches I've performed on this issue, including quitting and re-opening iTunes, iPhone reboot, restore, deletion of .plists, removing all music from phone, removing all photos from phone, resetting warnings, and I think a couple more that I can't remember.

For what it's worth the iPhone has 22 GB free space, and I'm syncing with a Mac Pro running 10.8.4 and iTunes 11.1.1.

Thanks for reading!

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    Are you doing this by WiFi sync or with a cable? If cable, do you have another one to try? I'm wondering if it is a connections problem.

Also, is this the first sync after the update? Has it ever successfully synced?

Hi Jake,

The notion that it might be the cable interested me hugely, as even before the IOS update syncing behaved strangely. So I tried a different cable and guess what? Sync complete! Naturally, because I am a moron, it never occurred to me to suspect such a simple and obvious solution. Am clapping hand to forehead as I write this, since I have spent literally hours over the past week trying to figure this out. Thanks a million!

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    Not a moron, just someone who used to be in the "never had a cable go bad" group who has now moved to the "I wonder if another cable has failed" group. Welcome!

Thread Information