New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Anyone know of a waterproof bluetooth remote for iPhone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lastmboy

Lastmboy will become famous soon enough

Why, you ask? Because I have a hot tub with popup speakers and an iPhone dock in the side panel. However, to pause it or skip songs, it's a bit of a pain. I was wondering if anyone has come across a little waterproof bluetooth remote that would allow me to pause/play/skip songs from right in the hot tub?

27" iMac 3.4GHz I7, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, Apple TV (3rd generation), iPod Classic
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Not sure about that, but Apple makes a $19 remote for your iPhone/iPad/iPod and also Mac. LINK You could put it in a plastic sandwich bag to protect it from water splashing on it.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Lastmboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Not sure about that, but Apple makes a $19 remote for your iPhone/iPad/iPod and also Mac. LINK You could put it in a plastic sandwich bag to protect it from water splashing on it.
I actually have one or two of those. Didn't know it would work with the iPhone. That's not a bad idea. It doesn't need to "float" or anything, just didn't want to be grabbing it (or my iPhone) directly with wet hands.

Thanks. Now I just have to figure out where I put it...

27" iMac 3.4GHz I7, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, Apple TV (3rd generation), iPod Classic
QUOTE Thanks
Joncon

Joncon is on a distinguished road

iJet iNAV Boss V2 Wireless Remote with Belt Clip (Rain Proof) for iPod, iPhone & iPad 30-pin | BuyiJet.com

Just saw this..if you're still looking for one. It's water resistant.
QUOTE Thanks
Lastmboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Unfortunately, this only works for an iPod/iPhone that is in a powered dock or connected to the Mac (as far as I can tell).

QUOTE Thanks
Lastmboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joncon View Post
Thanks! I actually spotted that myself. I ordered and just received the white version. A quick test last night proves that it works. Looks like it will do the trick.

QUOTE Thanks
Joncon

Joncon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastmboy View Post
Thanks! I actually spotted that myself. I ordered and just received the white version. A quick test last night proves that it works. Looks like it will do the trick.
Glad it's working for you!

MacBook Pro 13" 2.5GHz i5 / iPhone 5 16GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 5 at gym? | Reset iPhone to default »