New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

screen protector

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hotrod351

hotrod351 is on a distinguished road

ok so at&t didnt have the good screen protectors and had to settle for the cheap ones. she showed me one on her iphone 5 that you could just about drag a nail across. can remember what it was called. suggestions ?
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

MacShane has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Gen1 15"MBP-R 2.3GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2

My suggestion is try going without a screen protector for awhile and see how you like it. I had one on my iPhone for over a year and never did like the feel of it. I finally took it off a few weeks ago and I swear I'll never use one again. The bare glass just feels so much better (kinda like going without a condom) and is easier to keep clean. If you're worried about scratching or harming the screen, get a bumper case that protrudes past the screen or covers it altogether when not in use. Never hurt my screen on a drop and glass is harder to scratch than most people think. Breaking is a different story, but a screen protector will hardly help you there...
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I have always preferred the approach of buying a case that has a "lip" over the front so that if I ever drop the iPhone (luckily I never have) and it lands face down, the glass still wouldn't be damaged. I guess because I'm always mindful of how much a replacement would cost, I've been careful in handling the iPhone and haven't had any issues so far.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I use front and back Invisible Shield by Zagg. Mainly because 1) I carry my phone in my pocket at all times, 2) I don't like cases but want to protect it from scratches, and 3) I re-sell my iPhone every 2 yrs when my AT&T contract is up and buy a new one and I want maximum value out of it.

I actually got the HD protection on the front because it's very smooth to the touch and just standard on the back.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Hmmm, that's a good idea for those who want to go "caseless." I might consider that when I get my iPhone 5s.
QUOTE Thanks
dbm

dbm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2011, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running Mavericks

I have found Belkin screen protectors to be a good product. I use a screen protector on the front and have a Ted Baker case which covers the sides and back. This is a very slim case with a rubberised finish to help prevent dropping.

I always think it's a shame to have a slim phone like the iPhone 5s and put a bulky case on it. I keep mine in my hip pocket, so compactness is important to me.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Used Zagg for awhile. Have been using Tech Armor for the last few - inexpensive at Amazon and appears to be the same as Zagg. I use the matte/anti fingerprint protectors on the front and have another brand coming for back protection - which I won't name since I haven't seen or tried it yet. Don't want a case on it while using it.

Recommend Sena cases - my first one, bought for the first gen iPhone and now houses a 3GS used as an iPod, is now over 6 yrs old and has worn like you would expect any fine leather product.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
rainbowcat

rainbowcat is on a distinguished road

vote for Zagg too. I don't like the feel, but you can't beat the protection.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple iPhones and Verizon Wireless | Can iPhone 4s be used on Straight Talk network? »