New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Sim Card in foreign Countries

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

emilelert

emilelert is on a distinguished road

Hello guys
I am from Denmark and I have an iPhone that i have bought in Denmark a couple of years ago.
At the moment I am in SouthAfrica where I am staying for 2 months. I have bought a prepaid simcard (Vodafone) and inserted into my phone. When i put it into my phone it comes up with a box saying sim mistake or something like that and all i can do is press ok. when i look in top left corner it says invalid sim card.
is there any way i can get an south african sim card to work on my danish phone or is it locked to danish tele companies ?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It is probably locked to the Danish carrier, but you could contact them and ask about unlocking, particularly if you bought it outright or are finished with/near the end of your contract.

Since you are only in South Africa for two months, you may also want to look at getting a cheap basic phone that will work there.

Many carriers (varies by country) will unlock an iPhone for a small fee after you are a customer in good stead for 90 days or so. Once unlocked, your prepaid Vodafone SIM would probably work fine.
QUOTE Thanks
emilelert

emilelert is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for your reply my phone is now unlocked , i called my carrier
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« car charger iphone 5c | Why can't go online with ios 7 »