Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" Retina, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Intel i7 2.3GHz.
    Just ordered a 64GB iPhone 5s.....
    I impatiently waited until midnight (CA time), and quickly placed my order for my new iPhone 5s, 64GB, in silver/white!

According to my receipt, "Available to ship: 1-3 business days. Delivers: Sep.30 - Oct.2 by standard shipping."

I'm so excited!

I'm also excited about iOS7, which is on my iPad 4 and iPhone 5 right now. It took a little getting used to, and I still sometimes find myself changing settings the old way, rather than using the Control Center screen, but I'm loving the new look and "feel" of the OS.

I'll report back here when I receive it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iPhone 6 Plus 64GB / MacBook Pro 15" w/ Retina Display (2012)

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    Got a 32GB "space gray" model myself, upgrading from 4S. Woke up at 3am ET to order it. (beats waiting in lines) I had set my alarm, but woke up naturally at 2:55 anyway. Ordered right when the order page went live and got a 1-3 business day ship estimate. I'm not going to get too excited until it actually ships as Apple has adjusted back ship times in the past, and this time seems more likely than ever for a change like that.

I'm not in love with the design change, but the new built in features will be nice, as will be the fingerprint reader, camera, and more powerful hardware. Looking forward to getting it!
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Awesome! Apple will usually abide by the 1-3 day shipping date for the first batch of orders. Once the initial stock runs down, the shipping date will change to 2 weeks while more stock is built up..

Usually the phones come right from Foxconn in China..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

The Apple website had indicated sale of unlocked iPhone 5S but now seems to be tied to T-Mobile. I live outside USA and will like an officially unlocked 5S. What do you advise?

Specs:
    T-Mobile is the only carrier in the US that supports unlocked phones without any contract. If you are outside of the US, can you visit your countries Apple store and see what it shows?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Am I missing something here? Why would you pay for an unlocked phone from Apple when it's tied only to TMobile? What about it makes it work only with Tmobile? Just swap sim cards and call your provider. Any phone with a sim card can work on a network that uses sim cards. You don't need to pay for a phone to sign up for a new carrier. All you need is to sign up for the contract, which means you can use whatever phone you want, and even if there is an issue, they will provide you with a free phone to swap with. I know this because I deal with it all the time.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
    Am I missing something here? Why would you pay for an unlocked phone from Apple when it's tied only to TMobile? What about it makes it work only with Tmobile? Just swap sim cards and call your provider. Any phone with a sim card can work on a network that uses sim cards. You don't need to pay for a phone to sign up for a new carrier. All you need is to sign up for the contract, which means you can use whatever phone you want, and even if there is an issue, they will provide you with a free phone to swap with. I know this because I deal with it all the time.
    I have an iPhone 4 that was working on AT&T and worked fine. When it was out of contact, I had it unlocked. We switched over to a T-Mobile family plan and my wife got a new iPhone 5 and I kept my iPhone 4. I was told by the T-Mobile guys that I would not see 3G service in most places where T-Mobile does have 3G service and that is indeed true. I see it once in a while, but most of the time it's on Edge. If I had a T-Mobile iPhone 4, then I would see 3G most places..

So even though T-Mobile and AT&T both are GSM/SIM based carriers, there are subtle differences which make it so that you really want to get the phone from one particular carrier..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I'm not sure that's still the case Ashwin. According to our local T-Mobile guys, they have since re-worked their network (frequency changes) so that it's now compatible with the older iPhones that are GSM. Previously, an iPhone on T-Mobile could only go EDGE. The newer unlocked iPhone 5, 5S, or 5C will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile according to which sim card is installed.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I'm not sure that's still the case Ashwin. According to our local T-Mobile guys, they have since re-worked their network (frequency changes) so that it's now compatible with the older iPhones that are GSM. Previously, an iPhone on T-Mobile could only go EDGE. The newer unlocked iPhone 5, 5S, or 5C will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile according to which sim card is installed.
    That's awesome for the iPhone 5 onward. I guess the T-Mobile guy said this because I was specifically using the iPhone 4..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    It seems like the rumors of constrained supply were exaggerated. I went to my local mall today to buy some clothes and decided to walk by the Apple store to check out the new phones on display. Turned out they had quite a few in stock, at least 32 and 64GB Space Gray on all networks but T-Mo. So I canceled my online order and walked out with one in 20 minutes.

Maybe in other places they don't have as much stock, but if supply was that constrained I can't believe they would still have stock in the afternoon the day after launch. Other than Gold models it seems like stock isn't too bad from my perspective.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I happened to go by my local carrier's store in downtown to pay my bill and there were more than two dozen people queuing for iPhones (I assume for the iPhone 5c because the 5s is LONG gone on our little island!). This was on SATURDAY. Amazing.

(I'm planning to get a 32GB space grey iPhone 5s as an [early?] xmas present in November or December personally. Doing so will save me a bit of money on the cost, making it essentially free-on-contract.)

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I caved. Went to the Apple store just to tinker last night, and just wanted to walk out with the new iPhone. Unfortunately, they stop selling them after 8pm. So, I got up this morning, went back, and walked out with a gold 64gb on AT&T. I've already had the black and white iPhones, and the gold just looked real good to me. Got the last one in stock after waiting in line for about 30 minutes for everyone else to set up their new iPhones. I like this iPhone a lot!

2013-09-24 12.41.42.jpg
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
    I was able to buy a 64GB Space Grey in an EE shop at the end of the day on Saturday, which was a nice surprise. The first store I tried only had a single 16GB model available, however.

I got my 5S last night (64 GB Space Gray). I want to see what everyone thinks of the home button. Mine seems awful stiff, and it has a much more noticeable "click" to it versus my 4S. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    I got my 5S last night (64 GB Space Gray). I want to see what everyone thinks of the home button. Mine seems awful stiff, and it has a much more noticeable "click" to it versus my 4S. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
    That is a common report from all the reviews I've seen.

Thread Information