New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Password

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

msmcis

msmcis is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I forgot my iPhone 4 password. How can I retrieve it or set a new password?

All my contacts have disappeared and iCloud can only be opened with a password.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Do you have all your data backed up? (either to iCloud or your Mac) If you do, you can always reset your iPhone. If no backup, you may lose all your personal data if you do a reset.
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

No! Unfortunately, there is no backup anywhere.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Take a look at the following thread which is on the Apple Community Discussions forum. It's a rather long one but there are various ways given by which you may be able to reset the password without losing your data. Here is the LINK. Good luck and let us know how it went.
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

Unfortunately, none of the instructions in the link you provided helped because none of what is describes in the link is remotely close to what actually happens when I try to take the suggested steps. Is there anything simpler that can be done?
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

What happens when you try to follow the steps?

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

For starters, iTunes does not allow me to download a new version, and therefore does not prompt me to do anything else.
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

Here is iPhone message when prompted to downlown a new version : A new iPhone software version (6.1.3) is available for the iPhone “Shani Phone”. Would you like to download it and update your iPhone now?

So I go ahead and download, and then, here is what it says: There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "Shani Phone". The network connection was reset. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later.

What is "Shani phone"? What can I do to correct this? Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Quote:
What is "Shani phone"? What can I do to correct this? Thank you!
Did you purchase that iPhone new or used from someone else?
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

I purchased the iPhone new from a cell phone company over a year ago. The warranty expired and I also switch to a different cell phone company.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

OK, then somehow your iPhone was named "Shani phone" when you first plugged it into iTunes. The name shouldn't matter anyway as you can always rename your iPhone the next time you plug it into iTunes.

Quote:
There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "Shani Phone". The network connection was reset. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later.
This may be a local problem with your connection. The only suggestion I have is to keep trying or try from another connection. Are you trying to download the iOS update via WiFi or when attached to your Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

I tried to download when the iPhone was attached to my attached MacBook Pro.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dropped my earbuds in Chocolate | help power wi-fi power drain settings on iphone »