Question Charging Case for iPhone 5
    Hi everyone. Work just upgraded me to iPhone 5 and I am pretty happy about the retina screen and improved battery life. Unfortunately, all of my external portable battery chargers (Richard Solo) have the original connector, not lightning. SO I was thinking about getting a battery case but someone mentioned iOS 7 has been incompatible with their current cases.

Does anyone have an idea which cases do still "charge" the iphone 5 - after updating to iOS 7?

I did peruse the board to see general case recommendations- but feel free to leave any feedback for me in general. I don't mind additional weight, but would prefer to not add too much girth. A raised lip around the screen is probably a good idea, as I have dropped it a few times already. (currently using an Element ION 5)

Thanks!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I'm not sure where you're getting the information from about iOS 7, but it hasn't even been released yet. And besides, what would that have to do with the battery case?

What you probably need is an adapter so that you can use your charger with the newer lightning connector. You can buy that direct from Apple at any of their stores, or from Best Buy and many other stores: Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

I came across the info researching cases. This is just one of the threads...

iPhone no longer charges since IOS 7 Upgrade - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Pay no attention to those posts or links. They're either using a pirated copy of the iOS 7 beta or they're authorized beta testers who illegally are disclosing info they're not supposed to.

Apple will announce the release of iOS 7 on September 10th. And since that's next Tuesday, it isn't officially ready for download to iOS devices. Wait for the official release or just continue to use iOS 6 if you're worried. In the meantime, buy an adapter for the lightning connector and you should be OK to charge your iPhone 5.

Thread Information