New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

can iphone 4s play .AAC music files?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Applet

Applet is on a distinguished road

I try to add them to my iphone 4s library via itunes on my macbook but it doesnt seem to appear in my iphone 4s. mp3s can be added this way and are clearly shown in library on iphone4s, but not .AAC music files.
how do we use quicktime to save audio in mp3 format? and videos in mp4 format?

thanks for help
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

AAC is supported up to 320kps. Perhaps the bit rate is off.

This might help with QuickTime. It was written for Snow Leopard but is still applicable.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Applet

the AAC audio file is 2.7MB and 2min 43secs long, so it should be the correct quality, yet it doesnt add onto my iphone 4s via the itunes route. mp3s are added on no problem with the same method, by clicking on File, add to library then sync.
any idea how do you add those AAC audio files on??
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Slydude is talking about bitrate. You are talking about length. Find out what the bitrate is, then see if that's the problem.

You might also try converting the AAC files to M4A and see if that works. MediaHuman Audio Converter can handle this for you, and it's free.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Slydude is talking about bitrate. You are talking about length. Find out what the bitrate is, then see if that's the problem.
And to do this, click on the file in iTunes on your Mac/PC and ⌃Click (right click) and then Get Info and then under Summary.
My guess by the size of the File that it will be 128 kbps which is well within the tolerance, so there is something else up IMO. Once you get to the Summary window, shift+command+4 and then click and drag around the window to get a screen cap and post here for us to see . .

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
Applet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
And to do this, click on the file in iTunes on your Mac/PC and ⌃Click (right click) and then Get Info and then under Summary.
My guess by the size of the File that it will be 128 kbps which is well within the tolerance, so there is something else up IMO. Once you get to the Summary window, shift+command+4 and then click and drag around the window to get a screen cap and post here for us to see . .
thanks for help, thing is l cant even add it to itunes via the normal method of adding mp3 files, which also add onto my iphone 4s.
l will search for an mp3 downloader
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unlocked iPhone 5C | New to iPhone, got a question for its users »