Saving iphone notes to a usb flash drive
    Is there a non-jailbreak way to connect a usb flash drive to my iphone and save a file to it? Then, to open said file on a laptop.

I know I can email notes, dropbox etc, just looking for a way to do it when I'm not on a network for whatever reason.

Also, I don't want to try to sync a strange computer to my phone in itunes.

On a iphone 4GS with ios 6.1.3.

Thanks in advance

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    As the iPhone doesn't have a USB port -- and you can't put one on it that would be used in the way you're hoping -- the answer is no. I agree you should avoid trying to sync your iPhone to a different computer.

What about this i-FlashDrive HD?
    Amazon.com: i-FlashDrive HD 8GB with dual storage between iOS and Mac/PC - Apple licensed for iPod/iPhone/iPad: Computers & Accessories

It sounds like it might do what I want, but I'm not sure.

Or the i-spread drive?

I know it's easy to say that it can't be done, but it's a fairly simple request for SO much technology

Specs:
    Late 2012 iMac I7 3.4, 1 TB Fusion, 2 gigs Video, 24 gigs Ram, Yosemite 10.10.2
    Reading the reviews on Amazon of the i-FlashDrive, it should do what you're wanting. However, I would do a little more homework about the adapters you would need.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    To be totally honest, IMHO this is a bloody expensive way, and really un needed in todays techie world. It seems quite legit, and $309 for the 64GB WOW. Do you really need to take notes and put them on something like that to open on a computer to start with ?? Really. Notes are notes and can't do much with them at all, if you wanted it pro say Pages Documents i could understand, but for yellow sticky notes ?? Just not sure if its worth the $80 odd for it, but them again, I'm not you.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    When - how often - would you not be on a network with an iPhone - either wifi or cellular?
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    When - how often - would you not be on a network with an iPhone - either wifi or cellular?
    Not so much that the phone will be off network... the pc that I will need to share the txt file with would typically be off network. That's why a hardware solution is preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    To be totally honest, IMHO this is a bloody expensive way, and really un needed in todays techie world. It seems quite legit, and $309 for the 64GB WOW. Do you really need to take notes and put them on something like that to open on a computer to start with ?? Really. Notes are notes and can't do much with them at all, if you wanted it pro say Pages Documents i could understand, but for yellow sticky notes ?? Just not sure if its worth the $80 odd for it, but them again, I'm not you.
    In a situation where I need a hardware solution for sharing a document file - text only - with a laptop computer. This is needed more often than not in a hotel meeting/banquet room where cell phone service is often poor. I need to create a text document on a device (iphone preferred for siri dictation capabilities) and share it in a timely manner with another mac that may or may not be on a network.

Been asked to bring a laptop to create the file to share, but I don't want to travel around the country with a laptop (I'm trying to travel light) JUST to perform this relatively simple operation. If it works, $80 might be worth it. Just trying to weigh my options.

Thread Information