New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone Adapter...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AliOop

AliOop will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro.

In a few months, or at least until after the new iPhone is released, I plan to upgrading from my 3GS. The only extras I have is a car charger. Which I don't use very often. But I do from time to time. It's comforting knowing I have it. I'd hate to drop another wad of money on a new charger just because the 5 has a different charging port. And I think Apple charges too much for an adapter. Can anyone suggest an after market product/company for my car charger that won't ask for my first born? One that really works? I've heard some stories about after market products for Apple. Most not good.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I'd get yourself one that has a usb port rather than a fixed cable. That way it'll work with the cable that came with the device and somewhat future-proofs it.

I've always had griffin powerjolt or gear 4 car adapters, never had issues personally.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
AliOop

I have the auto charger unit, a cable with USB on one end and Apple's 30 pin connector on the other end. It works well with my 3GS. I'd much rather use the set-up I've got now for the car and just get an adaptor for the old 30 pin to new iPhone 5 port. I leave the car charger, cable and all, in the glove box. I don't want to move the cable that will come with the new phone. I leave it at the house. Anything like that?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Just get a second lightning cable and carry on using the same car charger

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
AliOop

I'll give that a try when the time comes.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliOop View Post
I have the auto charger unit, a cable with USB on one end and Apple's 30 pin connector on the other end. It works well with my 3GS. I'd much rather use the set-up I've got now for the car and just get an adaptor for the old 30 pin to new iPhone 5 port. I leave the car charger, cable and all, in the glove box. I don't want to move the cable that will come with the new phone. I leave it at the house. Anything like that?
There is a 30pin to lightning connector available. It's even Apple branded (it works OK)

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

You could try using this,Lightning to 30-pin Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« strange lines across screen !?... | Need help with IPhone!! »