New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Iphone rejailbreaking help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

btort1

btort1 is on a distinguished road

Ok so I don't want to restore my phone since there's no jailbreak out for the newest firmware.

I'm at 6.1.1 Jailbroken atm and want to restore it and become a jailbroken 6.1.1 again. For some reason my phones deleting some of my notes and I don't know how this happens. My phone has just been pretty buggy lately and want to see if I can re jailbreak it. I know that there is no 6.1.3 jailbreak out at the moment except a tethered jailbreak..

Can anybody help?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

If your phone is buggy and doing things it shouldn't be doing, why do you want to jailbreak it again? Perhaps you want to return to straight 6.1.1 or 6.1.3 and see if the phone is OK..

Is there something in particular you need the jailbreak for?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
btort1

btort1 is on a distinguished road

Well mostly for disabling spotlight (search tool for iphone, not sure of the name), SB settings, and disabling the emergency button for the lock screen (very important since people can access your phone while locked and I find this feature annoying)

Well the only thing buggy is the battery and the notes app. I have no idea how one of my notes got deleted, and for the battery, it drains pretty quick once it's at 10% and under. Sometimes it even goes to 1% before dying, sometimes it's 5% and then completely dies. Those are the main buggy issues
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I don't know if the jailbreaking is causing the notes issue, but I would bet my bottom dollar your bad battery life is directly caused by that jailbreaking.

The emergency call vulnerability got fixed a while ago.
QUOTE Thanks
gzigoris

gzigoris will become famous soon enough

Cydia say that if you Unjailbreak your phone IOS will load the latest version and that would be 6.1.3 and then you wouldn't be able to Jailbreak again.
Can you reload your Jailbreak?????

Jailbroken and don't have a battery problem but I never let my phone run down to below 10%. Maybe I should try it but hell I am not looking for problems that don't exist.

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

The ability to jailbreak is more related to the version that is currently supported..in most cases they run a point release or two behind..so if 6.1.3 is the newest version, the latest jailbreak might for 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 until some time passes and they support the newest release..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzigoris View Post
Cydia say that if you Unjailbreak your phone IOS will load the latest version and that would be 6.1.3 and then you wouldn't be able to Jailbreak again
Cydia says wrong. Any update to your current OS version requires you to tap or click a button to agree to it.

Perhaps you are confusing their warnings about firmware upgrades, but again I don't think it does that without your permission.
QUOTE Thanks
notaperson

notaperson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air running the epic Mountain Lion

If you just backup restore thru itune you stay on 6.1.1 and you are un jailbroken
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Waterproof case for iPhone | Bluetooth and other settings won't shut off on iPhone 5 »