New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Lock button on iPhone 5 not very responsive (can or should I return)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

genuiseme

genuiseme is on a distinguished road

So after a few months of having my iPhone 5 I have just realized that the right side of the lock/sleep/wake button is not very responsive, left side works great but can be quite annoying. I was wondering if I should return and if I can, its past the 30 days and I don't have applecare. (No damage on my phone also, mint condition)

Any thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Not a "Switcher" topic. Moved here to the correct forum.

Your iPhone is still under warranty since it's only been several months since you purchased it. Take it back to Apple for them to look at. They will either give you a new one or a refurbished unit to replace yours. Apple refurbished products are like new so you shouldn't be concerned if they decide to handle it that way.
QUOTE Thanks
genuiseme

genuiseme is on a distinguished road

Oh, so even though I got the phone in December, its still under warranty? cool, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
pixelbaker

pixelbaker is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Mine began having the exact same issue after a about 4 months of use. I just don't want to end up with a bum lock button in a couple years and no warranty replacement. Thanks for posting.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

My friend has had the same problem on his 5, he has had it replaced 3 times sense he got it in December and has finally got one that doesn't act up. I have had my 5 sense it came out and haven't had any problems with it. I would contact apple and have them check it out/ replace the phone under the complementary one year warranty.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 5 grainy pictures | I Phone getting heated up »