iPhone 5 bluetooth in car
    I have my iPhone 5 set up to playback via my car stereo with bluetooth. Works well, no drop-outs, but I have 1 question.
    I may be wrong, but the phone seems to generate a playlist from the tracks on the iPhone, and plays these when the phone connects to the car. Great, except that it appears that the playlist is always the same. The same tracks in the same order. Is there any way to force the phone to create a different set of tracks each time it connects?
    Any help much appreciated.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Generate a playlist on your phone and have it play that?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

er yes. But I thought the idea of random was err...... random!

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    You didnt mention random.
    You need to do as CR posted above then hit the Random Button in the Music App on the particular playlist you have set up, then it will will be truely random . . .
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

I obviously don't know what I am doing with this, because I thought if you connect with bluetooth, all tracks were selected at random?
    If that isn't true, how actually does it select tracks in the first place?
    Thanks for your help.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by neilf View Post
    I obviously don't know what I am doing with this, because I thought if you connect with bluetooth, all tracks were selected at random?
    If that isn't true, how actually does it select tracks in the first place?
    Thanks for your help.
    As far as im aware (and others please correct me if im wrong) is BlueTooth is just a away of connecting your iPhone to the Car audio system.
    You try it while sitting at home, you goto the songs list and press the first song in the list, it will play that then play the next and the next and so on, but once you press the first song it takes you to the now playing window and you need to click the Random icon such as in the image.

If you press it again it will play the same song over and over and will have the little notification type symbol.
    You can do this with playlists as well but if you like your library, just make sure that symbol is highlighted
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thanks, I will give that a try.
    I still don't fully understand what the iPhone is doing at the moment.
    That icon wasn't selected, so how did it determine what to play? The tracks were random, but always the same set of tracks in the same order. It appeared to me that it randomly made a playlist, and then played that same playlist all the time. It wasn't selecting any playlist I already had on the phone.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Bluetooth neither generates playlists nor controls what is played. It is simply a wireless network protocol.

What I suspect is happening is that you are simply playing a playlist over and over.

Try this:

Open the Music app on your iDevice. Select "Songs" view.
    Scroll to the very top, where you will see "shuffle." Select that.

Quote Originally Posted by neilf View Post
    I have my iPhone 5 set up to playback via my car stereo with bluetooth. Works well, no drop-outs, but I have 1 question.
    I may be wrong, but the phone seems to generate a playlist from the tracks on the iPhone, and plays these when the phone connects to the car. Great, except that it appears that the playlist is always the same. The same tracks in the same order. Is there any way to force the phone to create a different set of tracks each time it connects?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Hmmmmm. Have you checked your playlist lately? coz maybe you're just playing the same playlist all over again.

Thread Information