New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

USB Flip charger work same as regular USB charger?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wrightm

wrightm is an unknown at this point

Hello,
I am traveling down to Cetnral America and am looking for a small option for my USB charger for my iphone products.
I found the USB flip charger and it is small and looks like it would work great. I'm not quite sure how it works but it seems a great compact option.
I just wanted to make sure that it would provide the same charging power and output as my USB chargers that plug directly into the socket.
Here is the link...
Flip Charger, NuGiant 33002 Plug-Free USB Flip Charger | Meritline.com
Will this work just the same as one that plugs in, in a regular manner? Or would the amount of products plugged into the wall effect the output?
Thanks,
Micah
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

That doesn't really look smaller than the standard iPhone charger.

In my experience the standard charger is nearly always the best option. Particularly if you're going to places you've never been and don't know what to expect in terms of power reliability, robust sockets etc.
In those terms I'd keep it as simple as possible and use your existing iPhone charger or if you're taking one an iPad charger (which will do both iPhone and iPad)

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
wrightm

wrightm is an unknown at this point

you are prob right but I have a few USB devices that will need to be charged. At the moment I use a big square that plugs into socket and the USB cable plugs into the box. I thought I could downsize that square box into one of these flip style chargers.

Just was wondering if anyone used these....kind of amazing to me as they do not actually plug in but transmit via another plug.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 to new library | iPhone 4 won't connect to iTunes on New macBook »