New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

30pin to lightning?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vahdyx

vahdyx has a spectacular aura about

Hello forums,

I'm in need of a 30pin to lightning adapter... well not need, but would like. I'm considering buying a iOS dock to support my iPad and iPhone, but the problem is I own an iPod touch 3rd generation.

I don't wanna upgrade it because it's my 'expendable' unit. I use it with my car stereo, hiking, jogging, working out, etc. It's abused, but loved. I could still be in the 'romance' period of my new iPhone 5, but I am hesitant to use it for a media player at the moment especially since I already have an iPod.

Plus there's this displeasure buying the older dock to support my newer phone and iPad then strapping an adapter to it that has a lot of compatibility issues with cases.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro-R, iPad 4th Gen, iPhone 5
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I have bought a few from Amazon - so far I have good luck with what I have gotten. (I've gotten ~8 of them and so far I have tried 4 of them and they all work)

They were $3-$5 USD on Amazon - I don't remember which ones - but I figured I would buy a bunch of them and even if they didn't work - it would be the same price as 1 real one from apple.

The other choice is a bluetooth adapter - which I have also gotten.
Amazon.com: Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver for Bose Sounddock / Beatbox / Phillips / JBL and other dock stations - 30pins (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories
Also works with the dock style devices as long as they have power.

I don't know of anything that goes the other way - but I also don't know of any currently available lightning docks (but I haven't done an extensive search either)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone requires credit card info | iPhone5: The Purple Haze »