Water problem...maybe?
    My daughter dropped her iPhone 5 in the slush yesterday, picked it up immediately and wiped it dry.

It worked fine the rest of the day and she sent her last text at around 10pm last night before she went to bed. Plugged phone in to charge and it is dead this morning. Will not start up.

Is it possibly a delayed effect from the water? Seems like if it worked for 10 hours after the incident that it would be fine? Any thoughts?
    Cheers,
    BCRose

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by BCRose View Post
    Is it possibly a delayed effect from the water? Seems like if it worked for 10 hours after the incident that it would be fine? Any thoughts?
    Hard to say. I know we had someone post a while back...who dropped their iPhone 4 in the toilet like 5 times...and the 5th time is when the iPhone 4 finally hollered "ENOUGH" and stopped working!

I know that there are some design differences between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5...but it seems that iPhones are pretty resilient when it comes to these accidents (slush would seem a lot less severe then 4-5x in the toilet)!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    If water got INTO the phone, then over time that could cause it to stop working. A friend of mine dropped his iPod touch into a gutter full of rainwater, the screen shattered but amazingly it still worked! However, over the following weeks it started misbehaving more and more until finally it was useless.

Your best bet at saving it is to submerge the phone into a bag of rice for a few days, then see if it will work again. If not, I'm inclined to say it is toast.

YAY! After two days in rice it magically returned to life. Amazing! Fingers crossed that it continues to live a long and prosperous life!
    Cheers,
    BCRose

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Yay!!

Thread Information