New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 5 or wait

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Duwsh

Duwsh is on a distinguished road

I am sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times, should I wait for the iPhone 5s or just get an iPhone 5? I can not get it until Fter the 28th January anyway so should. Wait for the iPhone 5s? Isn't there a rumour it will be released April time or smething?
QUOTE Thanks
VEG

VEG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook air 13" Iphone 5

Why do you think there will be an S model? I thought the 4S just meant that it had Siri?
QUOTE Thanks
Duwsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEG View Post
Why do you think there will be an S model? I thought the 4S just meant that it had Siri?
Mainly rumours but there does seem to be a pattern... Apple might just invent something that begins with s lol
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

There has been an iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S and now 5. It is entirely possible that a 5S may come out this year and entirely possible that a iPhone 6 may come out too..

Though, one thing is certain, looking at the difference between the 4 and 4S, they are fairly negligible and more annoying than anything else. The difference between the number changes are more important and significant..

I wouldn't expect to see another iPhone released until the Summer at the earliest, regardless of what it's name it going to be..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Duwsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
There has been an iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S and now 5. It is entirely possible that a 5S may come out this year and entirely possible that a iPhone 6 may come out too..

Though, one thing is certain, looking at the difference between the 4 and 4S, they are fairly negligible and more annoying than anything else. The difference between the number changes are more important and significant..

I wouldn't expect to see another iPhone released until the Summer at the earliest, regardless of what it's name it going to be..
I might wait and people expect that they may have colour and honestly I want that so bad and although it is a bit unlikely it still may happen.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duwsh View Post
I might wait and people expect that they may have colour and honestly I want that so bad and although it is a bit unlikely it still may happen.
What color?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Duwsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
What color?
Same as iPod touch I would think. I'd want the blue one this concept image makes it look beautiful.

http://i47.tinypic.com/vmvdkz.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Same as iPod touch I would think. I'd want the blue one this concept image makes it look beautiful.

http://i47.tinypic.com/vmvdkz.jpg
That looks 3rd party mods to change the outside case. I would wait, and see what Apple has to offer in 2013. As much as I like the iPhone 5 it could be better. The "s" models are usually better anyways.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Duwsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
That looks 3rd party mods to change the outside case. I would wait, and see what Apple has to offer in 2013. As much as I like the iPhone 5 it could be better. The "s" models are usually better anyways.
Oh I know, that's not an actual model it's a prediction of what they could look like sorry I should of made that clear.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Oh I know, that's not an actual model it's a prediction of what they could look like sorry I should of made that clear.
I know what you mean. Except that isn't a concept for the iPhone. It actually does it exist. Linky here. It's a third party company that specializes in mods.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Duwsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
I know what you mean. Except that isn't a concept for the iPhone. It actually does it exist. Linky here. It's a third party company that specializes in mods.
]

If I did get an iPhone I'd love to give them it and my ipad mini and get the coloured blue. That would be awesome
QUOTE Thanks
Duwsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Relying on rumours more often ends in disappointment than it turns out to be a smart move. There is NO factual evidence that Apple will be introducing an iPhone "5S" anytime soon. On top of this, if you buy an iPhone 5 you are only "locked in" for about a year (two maximum), meaning you'll be in on the iPhone 6 or whatever.

I rarely pay attention to rumours. Instead I have this novel approach of buying what I think is best at the time I need it, and enjoying the heck out of it, then repeat when I need a new one. This has served me very well so far. Still loving my iPhone 4 and iPad 3, don't feel a need to contribute to the "rat race."
Oh I know I can't rely on rumours, kind of why I asked the opinions of you kind folk. Im a really impatient person so I don't think I will be waiting for the next iPhone. I would be happy with a 4s so I wouldnt mind being a phone out of date for a year or so. Thanks for the reply.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Also, unlike the iPods, I doubt the iPhone will ever come in anything buy black and white..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
...should I wait for the iPhone 5s or just get an iPhone 5?

Isn't there a rumour it will be released April time or smething?
The average number of days between new iPhone model releases is 338. It has only been 105 days (a little over 3 months) since the iPhone 5 has been released.

So I think that it's safe to say that buying an iPhone 5 now wouldn't be a problem...or you can wait approx. another 233 days (7.77 months) for the next iPhone model to be released!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Duwsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
The average number of days between new iPhone model releases is 338. It has only been 105 days (a little over 3 months) since the iPhone 5 has been released.

So I think that it's safe to say that buying an iPhone 5 now wouldn't be a problem...or you can wait approx. another 233 days (7.77 months) for the next iPhone model to be released!

- Nick
I will be going on 28th January to see if I can get one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Struggling to make a decision; iPhone or Android | iCloud space - am I being thick? »