12-17-2012, 12:39 PM #1Position Wanted: Device Editors Team
We have a great new opening within the Mac-Forums.com team & we'd like your help to make it happen. This is a new position for Mac-Forums that will operate primarily in the forums, working closely with our moderators as well as with the blogging team. Below we have compiled some information on who and what we're looking for and how to apply for yourself or nominate another member.
The goal of this position is to nurture device related discussion on Mac-Forums. This is a summary of duties for this volunteer position.
As a member of the Mac-Forums Device Editors team your duties would include:
- Showcasing in the forums the best devices, new technology, features, apps, and future developments for Apple devices
- Creating topical threads on a daily basis, maintaining those threads with further information as it develops, and contributing to related topics started by other members as a subject matter expert
- Actively seeking out new related topics to ensure our audience is aware of, and seeking others with relevant experience to share with everyone
- Working along with Moderators and blog staff to ensure your sections are best of breed in content and offerings for members
- Identifying and suggesting systematic improvements to the forum, structure, or strategy used to perform your role
- Maintaining an active presence in your sections
All members of Mac-Forums staff also have the following duties:
- Maintaining an active presence within the community, ideally multiple times daily
- Maintaining an active presence within staff discussions to be an active part of our team
- Actively reporting posts in sections you frequent to help other moderators to keep discussions on topic, helpful, and drama free
A variety of skills will contribute to success in this position, and the skills listed below reflect what we're looking for in applicants. While you should bring some of these qualities to the table immediately, other qualities will be developed thru performance of the role. The more you have represented these qualities in your past forum presence, the more likely you will make it to the end of the selection process:
- Excellent people skills and communicators
- A helpful, agreeable attitude towards others
- A passion for your activities
- Insightful, forward looking, character
- An active presence on Mac-Forums (ideally 5+ days per week)
- Patience and persistence, with a thick skin
- A proactive and methodical approach
- Pride in driving Mac-Forums ahead to create the best member experience found anywhere
We will offer as many perks as we are able to provide our volunteers, which often times is very little. Volunteer roles are primarily performed as a service to the rest of the community, and those who remain successful take pride in being a part of improving the Mac-Forums experience for other members. Premium membership, access to site merchandise, hardware accessories are all potential perks throughout the year. However the biggest perk should be knowing you've been a leader in navigating Mac-Forums ahead as the best user experience where thousands of members will talk about the devices they are passionate about.
Nominations will be made by PM to I.M.O.G., with a title of "Device Editor Application". In the body of your PM, please detail the nominee and their ability to serve our community in this role. This isn't a job application, but if that is helpful to you feel free to use that format to present the nominee. If you feel you are qualified, please nominate yourself! You can also nominate others who we will follow up with.
We will accept nominations until December 25th, 2012, and from there you can expect announcements on our selections in the first week of January.
Thank you all for your interest in the position!Matt Bidinger
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM #2
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM #3
Anybody interested? Or was everyone too busy during the holidays?Matt Bidinger
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By petechambers in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 1Last Post: 04-20-2009, 10:07 PM