New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

'Normal' iPhone 5 Battery Life

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pibolar

pibolar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6

I have seen many posts all over the Web from people concerned about the battery life of their iPhone 5 with various people trying to explain what 'normal' should be. so i thought it would be a good idea to make this thread and urge people to post screenshots of their device usage 'time since last full charge' just as the phone is about to run out of battery to determine what is actually 'Normal'.

Now i am aware that the life of the battery this will most likely change as software is updated etc etc so if you could also leave a small comment explaining what firmware you are running at the time of screenshot that would also be great
QUOTE Thanks
pibolar

Mac Specs: Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6

QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

The only problem with the comparison is not everyone will have the same apps open or running in the background , using 4G or LTE and the amount of calls and web surfing which all affect battery runtime.
But mine usually will last all day without needing a charge I also left out if you have Bluetooth enabled and your car is linked each time you enter the vehicle it will look for the link which also affects battery life.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It's impossible to establish a standard here as osxx noted. The only time this would work would be right out of the box. Once you start using it, you start affecting the battery life in different ways.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I use my iPhone 5 according to my needs. I charge it when it needs to be charged.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
pibolar

some good points raised there! im just to be helpful
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unlocked iphone4s from the UK | unable to hear on iphone 5 »