New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

iPhone 4 with or without case?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ollieblade

ollieblade is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I have an iPhone 4. I currently use it with a case but I would like to start using it without a case. I am the kind of person that is very careful but I am worried that it could get damaged easily without a case. What are your opinions?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

If you are worried then probably should keep it in the case. Otherwise you will regret it when you take it out. Friend of mine got one of the those Lifeproof cases that is pretty much everything resistant.

Decided to take it out and it dropped into a pool of water. Needless to say they had to get a "new" iPhone 4 for 100 dollars. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
If you are worried then probably should keep it in the case. Otherwise you will regret it when you take it out. Friend of mine got one of the those Lifeproof cases that is pretty much everything resistant.

Decided to take it out and it dropped into a pool of water. Needless to say they had to get a "new" iPhone 4 for 100 dollars. >_>"
I have a lifeproof case. A little on thee bulky side. I had to laugh, because that is exactly what would happen to me if I took it out of the case. That is one thing about Apple products, they always seem too slippery to me. If I had a desktop I would probably try to figure out a case for that as well.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Ghost Armor full-body protection from scratches. That's what I did with my old iPhone 4.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No case for me.

At least not one that stays permanently affixed to it like the above.
I do have a leather case with a belt clip for carrying it around.
But, it's au natural when in my hand in use.

The same leather case still going strong since the first iPhone and now been home for the 3GS for 3 years. Probably the main reason I didn't upgrade to the 4 or 4S - they wouldn't fit in my case.

Sena leather cases - you won't be so willing to give up your old iPhone for a new one if it doesn't fit in your case.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I use Lifeproof on my iPhones. I was afraid of water damage after ruining an iPhone forgot was in my pocket while swimming and then dropping my 4 and shattering the screen. I would recommend a bumper at least to help just a little in case.
QUOTE Thanks
MQAAord

MQAAord is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e

I have an Otterbox on my iPhone 4. I also put my 8 year old's iPad mini in an Otterbox...

The Otterbox cases are WELL worth the purchase price!! I've dropped my phone several times, the plastic of the case has some cracks, but the phone itself is in absolutely perfect condition. Not a single scratch or line of any kind on it, and it'll be 2 years old in June.
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

MasterShake is on a distinguished road

I am using a case on my iphone 4 currently its the rockbed v3 from rockform. It can withstand a normal drop outside on the concrete. It has a nice small grip on the back so it don't slide on the table. Even works with my universal dock adaptor. I only spent like 20 bucks for it on amazon when its originally 40 on the rockform website.
QUOTE Thanks
MDJCM

MDJCM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 13" MBP with SSD

I used to but not anymore, I have a front & back screen protector and it protects enough. I don't drop often though
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

MasterShake is on a distinguished road

I don't think I have ever seen anyone in my area that has the same case as me. Most of them use otterboxes. Its cool having a case that is unique and hardly anyone else uses.
QUOTE Thanks
LeiLei

LeiLei is on a distinguished road

I love my iPhone too much and invested quite a bit of money in it to not want to keep it as safe as possible. Case for me at all times definitely. Plus there's so many to choose from it's fun to switch it up once in awhile!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« On-the-go battery booster | Printing from phone »