New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Restoring From iTunes Back-up Put Everything BUT My Music on iPhone :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AsymmX

AsymmX is on a distinguished road

I created an iTunes back-up of my iPhone 4S before updating to iOS 5.1.1 through the phone.

Good thing I did too, because something seemed to go wrong and the phone went into recovery mode and the dreaded "connect to iTunes" picture pops up. I keep my cool (because I have a back-up) and do the update + restore through iTunes.

Once that's done I restore from the iTunes backup I created beforehand. My contacts, text messages, pictures, and apps all come back successfully, but my music is nowhere to be found.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought your music was supposed to come back on your phone after restoring it from an iTunes backup?

All hope is not lost since my iTunes library is fine, but my music was set up a certain way on my phone and it's gonna be irritating redoing everything.

Any help would be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm a little confused by this. Your music is (obviously) still on the iTunes from which you sync your iPhone, so you've lost nothing.

Are you talking about custom playlists or something?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

iTunes iPhone backups don't include music and apps. This would duplicate what you already have in iTunes.

All you should need to do is Sync your iPhone and iTunes will copy the apps and music back across

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best and most protective case for the iPhone 4? | Iphone 4 - People can't hear me but I can hear them »