New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

deleted photos

Thread Closed

English teach

English teach is on a distinguished road

I accidentally restored my iphone 4 to the last back-up date of 12/10/11, losing all pictures taken after that. I did not lose anything else except recent calls, to my knowledge. Is there any way to find those lost pictures? Do they exist anywhere in cyber space? I don't back-up my phone very often but even if I did does that back-up the photos? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

If you are using the PhotoStream feature of iOS 5, then the photos will be in the stream.

If you happened to make a backup of your iPhone before restoring the older backup, restore it again with the newer one.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

Photo stream is your only option unless you used iPhoto after the backup and before the restore.
ahbi

ahbi is on a distinguished road

I have a kodak easy share camera, it doesn't have a memory card so the camera will only hold 10 photos without one. My daughter got ahold of it and deleted the 10 photos that were on there. I really hope that there is a way to recover them without having to pay for any downloads online or purchasing software from a store. No other pictures have been taken since the others were deleted. Does anyone know if i can get them back?
English teach

English teach is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the responses. Since I am only now learning about photostream and icloud, I'm assuming I don't have either. I also had not transferred my iphone photos to iphoto on the Mac so I guess I'm totally out of luck. I'm still surprised that the restore I did erased my newer photos. In the screen where the restore choices were it said "this will only affect your notes, contacts, calendar, texts, and phone calls". It didn't affect these but did erase my photos.
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The iPhone is, essentially, a big photo card (it uses flash storage like the regular ones do. It MAY be possible to resurrect them with photo-recovery or USB-drive recovery software, but it's a slim chance at best.

You might give these guys a call, see which of their products they recommend. You'll at least know if anything can be recovered.
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbi View Post
I have a kodak easy share camera, it doesn't have a memory card so the camera will only hold 10 photos without one.
So the camera *does* have a small amount of built-in memory then.

Quote:
I really hope that there is a way to recover them without having to pay for any downloads online or purchasing software from a store.
I don't know of anything LEGITIMATE (ie safe, trustworthy) to use that's free. As I recommended to "English teach," there are a number of good "photo-recovery" softwares out there but most of them cost at least some modest fee. If the pictures are valuable to you, then the fee will be worth it.

Here's the lowest-priced one that I could recommend:
Lexar® Image Rescue® 4 Software | Lexar

Thread Closed

« cool ssh mods for iphone/ipod | iPhone Contacts Disappeared »