New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

china has made it ~

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NinjaHippo

NinjaHippo is on a distinguished road

so i went to a shop near my house to buy an iphone~n found a great deal.. i decided to buy it and in the end bought it ><

So after a few weeks of using it~ i realize its not a genuine iphone 4s from apple~ and im a little disappointed~ but the reason i didnt realize it wasnt a genuine one, its becos there is totally no difference from the real one~ the touch screen is so sensitive which equals to the real one~ the functions and designed of the iphone resembles a original iphone~ but i only realise it wasnt genuinely from apple happens when i check the serial number from my iphone and went to the https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do to check the warranty... and yes! it says no such serial number is found in their data base... >< i triple check it already and confirm its not from apple...

so im here to warn ppl out der to be careful while buying iphone products nw~ as china is really good in copying it untill it is totally the same =.=
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Had a guy bring a Chinese imitation iPhone into work a few weeks back - and honestly, they look completely different.

They use the screens similar to the Samsung Tocco (resistive i think) with that weird silver colour to them
The silent button doesn't work, and in his case was bent
Even though it was a "4S" the antenna was still on the top, and coloured white, not black
Ran a modified version of the old Windows Handheld OS (not Windows Phone 7) edited to look like iOS
It actually said "4S" on the back, while real iPhones only say "iPhone"
The outer rim was made of plastic, not aluminium
Box was made out of cheap photocopied cardboard

Just a few things to look out for.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Both my iPhone 4 and iPad were "Made in China", so to speak.

Any chance you can take it back and tell them that they have sold you a fake?

If you genuinely were lead to believe that it was real, when it's not, then you have grounds to return it, I would have thought.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
NinjaHippo

NinjaHippo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
Had a guy bring a Chinese imitation iPhone into work a few weeks back - and honestly, they look completely different.

They use the screens similar to the Samsung Tocco (resistive i think) with that weird silver colour to them
The silent button doesn't work, and in his case was bent
Even though it was a "4S" the antenna was still on the top, and coloured white, not black
Ran a modified version of the old Windows Handheld OS (not Windows Phone 7) edited to look like iOS
It actually said "4S" on the back, while real iPhones only say "iPhone"
The outer rim was made of plastic, not aluminium
Box was made out of cheap photocopied cardboard

Just a few things to look out for.

Well for my case everything works fine.. Even the camera and sound quality is as if an original one.. So today i decided to went bak to the shop to as about the situation , and was told that my phone is made in taiwan and therefore is sort of like a parelleled imported phone.. And its original..
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

So it's a counterfeit you think?

If so, I'd take it to the nearest (real) Apple Store or call Apple about it and report the dealer. That's fraud, that is, if they sold it to you as a real iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Serious Siri Problems | i am looking for an iPhone4S holder charger for the car »