New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 3GS will not boot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jamuk123

jamuk123 is on a distinguished road

My friend gave me an iphone to try and fix and im having a few problems. The iphone 3gs wont boot. I have tried to restore it put it in DFU mode etc and there has been no joy. My windows and mac won't recognise the device when i plug it into USB ports either.

The iphone will show the apple logo for about two minutes. Then the spinning wheel will show on top of the apple for about 1 minute then it will freeze for another 5 minutes or so. Then the iphone will shut down and then will do the same thing again. There is also a different coloured line above the apple logo.

The iphone was working last week until the computer shut down during a software upgrade. I don't know previous history of the phone. I haven't a clue what version or if it has been jailbreaked as well.

I have tried everything. I have watches hours of youtube tutorials and tried to put the device in different modes. It seems unresponsive. Please Help! Much appreciated if you could.
QUOTE Thanks
PatM

PatM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina

Take it to Apple.

15 " 2013 MBP OS X Ver. 10.9.1 16 GB Memory, 500 GB SSD, Retina, 2.3 Ghz I7, 30GB IPhone 5, 2012 Mini Cooper JCW Coupe, 2014 Toyota Corolla, 2007 Trailblazer, 2 RC Planes, 1 fantastic wife who puts up with my toys. Still Married After 30 Years.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

If it is in warranty take it to apple. Try using redsnow to jailbreak it and then see if it works fine with the jailbreak. Then try one last time if that does not work with the jailbreak and then if not you should give up on it and keep it for parts or sell it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Good iphone boombox/speaker for outdoors/beach | iPhone screen protector: Yes or No? »