New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

I want to change the color of the Apple logo on the backplate

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pensfan0782

pensfan0782 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering what the backplate looks like from the inside.

Is it just a piece of glass, or is there additional hardware connected to it? Is the silver logo visible from the inside and is it able to be scraped off and recolored?

I can't find the replacement backplate I want, at least not for my Verizon iPhone 4, otherwise I would just buy it.

I am open to buying a new backplate and modding that one if that would make this process easier and/or possible.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

The silver iPhone logo on the back of the iPhone is just a tiny mirror that's part of the backplate..it isn't visible from the inside and you can't really scrape it off or anything..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Lbatson21

Lbatson21 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad

They only thing I've seen so far is this iPhone 4 Mod - iPod iPad iPhone 4 4S 3G 3GS video photo mini & nano repair. I don't believe it is in production yet, though it should be soon. It also says there that you can change the color of the led with a filter so might be an option.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Charging Station needed | iPhone 3gs backlight only works when brightness turned right down. »