New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Lock button broken, iPhone frozen?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stormelly

Stormelly is on a distinguished road

My iPhone is frozen.. and I can't restart it with the home button and power button because the power button is frozen. Any ideas? I'm thinking about just waiting for my phone to die.. When I plugged it into iTunes it did not recognize anything.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormelly View Post
My iPhone is frozen.. and I can't restart it with the home button and power button because the power button is frozen. Any ideas? I'm thinking about just waiting for my phone to die.. When I plugged it into iTunes it did not recognize anything.
Send it to iResQ for a free repair quote.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

1. Which iPhone do you have?

2. What do you mean by "My iPhone is frozen"? Is it off and you can't turn it on? Is it on and you can't turn it off?

3. What do you mean by "the power button is frozen"? Is it physically jammed in some manner? Is it physically ok, but nothing happens when you push it?

4. Does anything happen if you press and hold down both the home and power buttons simultaneously for at least 15 seconds?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCloud Bookmark Sync Problems | Help!!! transferring I-phone songs etc to new Mac??? »