New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

How do I delete songs from my iPhone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheMeddler

TheMeddler is on a distinguished road

I can't right click on itunes and click delete. The option is gone. How do I do it now?
QUOTE Thanks
TheMeddler

TheMeddler is on a distinguished road

I'm in itunes trying to delete songs from my phone. I right click, and there is no delete button.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeddler View Post
I'm in itunes trying to delete songs from my phone. I right click, and there is no delete button.
As chas_m asked, are you trying this in iTunes/Devices/.....iPhone in which case you can't do it? You can only un-sync by unchecking the Artist, Playlist, Album etc in the Sync Music pane, which is a summarised checklist of your Music Library.

If you want to delete anything you need to be in iTunes/Library/Music, where you can right click/delete, but if all you want to do is take the title off your phone then it's overkill.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
dvdchance

dvdchance is on a distinguished road

Actually you can now delete songs directly from the phone.

From either the songs, albums or artists collections, when you see a song you want to delete from the phone, swipe your finger over it left to right. That will bring up a delete option.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Also if you're in iTunes, you can simply highlight the songs you want to remove and press the "delete" key on your keyboard.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Utubunin

Utubunin is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem as OP, the above method doesn't work on iOS 7
QUOTE Thanks
Utubunin

Utubunin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utubunin View Post
I have the same problem as OP, the above method doesn't work on iOS 7
Still the same problem with iOS 8
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utubunin View Post
Still the same problem with iOS 8
What problem? This was explained by chas. Swipe right to left. If you are talking songs with a cloud by them they aren't really on the phone so you can't swipe to get rid of them. (i am just grasping at straws here because i do not know what your problem is.)

Explain what your problem is a little.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will resetting to factory settings, bump phone to ios8? | Can't find iPad or iPhone over Bluetooth »