New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Managing Photos iOS 5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dakrisht

dakrisht is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MB Pro 17", MB Air 13" 1.7Ghz Core i7, iMac 27" 3.1Ghz, iPhone 5, couple iPad 2s and a 3 + 20 more

Is there a 3rd-party utility/tool that will let me browse my iPhone 4S and selectively take photos out of the device (transfer) to a Mac?

I know you can sync with iPhoto but I don't a) want to "sync" and b) don't use iPhoto.

Would just like to browse and pull them out.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

You could upload your photos to photobucket.com and use their free app to access all those photos from your iPhone. Requires internet connection (wi-fi or 3G).

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
dakrisht

Mac Specs: MB Pro 17", MB Air 13" 1.7Ghz Core i7, iMac 27" 3.1Ghz, iPhone 5, couple iPad 2s and a 3 + 20 more

Thanks for the tip... I would rather not upload my photos to photobucket or any other service, would prefere to go straight out from the device.

Sick of all these 3rd party services anyway! ha!
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrisht View Post
Thanks for the tip... I would rather not upload my photos to photobucket or any other service, would prefere to go straight out from the device.

Sick of all these 3rd party services anyway! ha!
You can use Image Capture which is a Mac app and should be on your machine already. You'll need to connect your iPhone just like you would any camera.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
dakrisht

Thanks pendlewitch, Image Capture it is
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Nay problem dakrisht thank you

You could, if you wanted to, get a bit cute with Automator which is also in your Applications folder to customise the repetitive task element.
Regards,
Liam

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 with Tiger >:-( | Just bought a iphone 3g but stuck in recovery mode please help!!!! »