New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Is my iPhone Bugged?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lawnphysics

lawnphysics is on a distinguished road

Okay, so please do not just answer NO! If you are going to answer no please provide me with defenitive proof that this can not be done on my iPhone.

Well for starters, I am not a very paranoid person at all. I just want to get that out there. However, I have sincere reasons to believe that my phone might be bugged by family members. I am 32 years old and my father and my step-mother seem to know WAY too much personal business about me. This is mostly business I conduct on the cell phone. I have looked all over my house for bugs, but they seem to know stuff even when I am outside on the phone talking.

I have heard echoes (recently) of myself talking that makes no sense either. The other party can not hear the echoes even when I ask.

Recently I caught my Dad going through my mail, he goes through other business stuff as well and personal items. I have noticed books out of place, I even put papers in a book one time to later find them in a different page of the book, so I have honest reasons for suspecting this.

One time in the past I was getting text messages from my step-mother (she never knew I was getting them). When I responded to them she made the comment to the person she was texting, "I am getting text messages from someone else and I don't know who they are coming from, I am just going to call you." (I personally think this was a coverup that she was sending them to me just to torment me). I never made comments that would identify me and never confronted them about it. I would rather have proof that they are doing this. If they are, I plan on pressing any and all charges that I can in a court of law.

I have changed my cell number, and shortly after that I reinstalled the software to my iphone. I am on the verizon network 3G. Recently the echoes have started again, and I just want to find out if the phone is bugged or not. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

Mate, I think you need a vacation. Turn the phone off and turn it back on until you're in control.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Anything's possible!

How to Determine if a House is Bugged
6 Cell Phone Tap Signs

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

But this is much more agreeable surely.

Bardolino holidays | Bardolino Italy | Thomson Lakes & Mountains

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

A vacation is always nice!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
mockney

mockney will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro '15' i7 Quad Core, iPhone 5, iPod (U2), time capsule (2tb), apple tv.

Have you considered it may be time to move out and get your own place?. Pretty sure bugging phones cant be done. Even the News of the World was only able to break into people's voicemails.

Your dad is not ex special forces or anything is he?.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
A vacation is always nice!

- Nick
Lake Garda pigoo3 is the wotsits. I'm sure the OP would appreciate the warm water and the G & T's

QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Unless your phone has been out of your possession for an hour or two, I doubt it's bugged.

Of course, your folks could have enlisted some sort of government agency to assist them...

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 8Gb or iPhone 4S 16Gb? | Best iphone backup software help please »