New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

How to get pictures off iPhone 4?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

Until now I've just emailed to myself but recently I took a whole bunch, figure there has got to be an easier way...
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Do you have iPhoto?

You can import them using that.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

I do but have never used it...
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

I guess I should remember why I posted this. My son wants a camera, and I'm thinking an iPhone 4 refurb is cheaper and takes pretty good pictures, but he uses a PC laptop. So the question should be, how does one get the pictures off an iPhone using a PC.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

One connects their iPhone to iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

Really...how? I've been using iTunes and an iPhone since the 3g and can get picture onto the phone but not camera-taken shots from the phone...
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

On the Mac, iPhoto will automatically launch (unless you've changed the defaults) anytime an iOS devices is attached that has unsynched pictures. For those who don't use iPhoto, Image Capture can be set as the default device to open when an iOS device with new pictures is attached.

On the PC, I'm sorry I don't really know, but I DO know that all syncing is handled through iTunes and the sync is two-way (new songs, for example, also sync back from the iPhone to the PC). Look under "Photos" on the iOS info page in iTunes when the unit is attached via its sync cable.
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
On the Mac, iPhoto will automatically launch (unless you've changed the defaults) anytime an iOS devices is attached that has unsynched pictures. For those who don't use iPhoto, Image Capture can be set as the default device to open when an iOS device with new pictures is attached.
Never touched iPhoto so can't say with certainty if or how the preferences were changed, but it don't open. My issue with iPhoto is that I use Lightroom to collect and catalog on my pictures so I don't want iPhoto getting in the way of that

For folks that love to say that "Mac's just work", here's an example of when they don't...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4s Signal Strength? | iphone 4s wake up lag »