New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

how to block numbers on i phone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sb20011

sb20011 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone tell me how to block a person from calling my cell phone?
QUOTE Thanks
Bundy

Bundy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.

To the best of my knowledge, it can't be done.

I have heard of some people who have gone through their service provider to have a number blocked but I can't say if that's fact or fiction.

The easiest thing to do is this. If you know the number you want to avoid or block, just add it to your address book and name it "Ignore This Call" or "Don't Answer".

It won't stop your phone from ringing but at least you'll know that it's someone you want to avoid.

A humble but excited Mac Novice
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb20011 View Post
Hi Bundy's advice is probably true but

I found this iBlackList

and read this

Blocking certain phone numbers

Regards,
Liam

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

We use Smart Limits with my daughter's phone. One of the options there is number blocking. It does cost around $5/month, I believe. And, our carrier is AT&T. Not sure about other carriers' offerings.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Bottom line (this question has been asked about a million times here, you should have done a search) -- without jailbreaking the iPhone, you CAN'T block individual numbers. In certain legal circumstances you can have your carrier block a number, and some carriers offer the service as an add-on.
QUOTE Thanks
powdermouse

powdermouse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb20011 View Post
Go to iTunes Store...get to Applications..in Search box type in iBlacklist. Download the app iBlacklist Manager ($.99..and well worth it!). Sync to your iPhone. You can now type in the numbers you want blocked and sync with all the unwanted tele-marketing numbers that are now able to call you on your cell phone.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by powdermouse View Post
Go to iTunes Store...get to Applications..in Search box type in iBlacklist. Download the app iBlacklist Manager ($.99..and well worth it!). Sync to your iPhone. You can now type in the numbers you want blocked and sync with all the unwanted tele-marketing numbers that are now able to call you on your cell phone.
I just checked the reviews for this APP and there are an incredible number of 1 star ratings claiming the APP is a rip off!

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yosemite 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
I just checked the reviews for this APP and there are an incredible number of 1 star ratings claiming the APP is a rip off!
Well spotted.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
Bundy

Bundy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.

Ya, I checked out that App as well and it looks like a complete waste of money.

A humble but excited Mac Novice
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why does my iPhone do this? | iPhone video filmed vertically »