New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iCloud Account

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

didjaever

didjaever is on a distinguished road

I am really close to buying an iPhone 4S and switching from my BB Tour. Everyone keeps talking about iCloud. Is this going to cost extra?? I am just trying to figure what this whole switch is going to cost me Doesn't syncing w/iTunes save your photos, etc?

Thanks!

MacBook / 07-2008; 2.4 Ghz / 2GB Memory / 160 HD
Green iPod Nano / 4GB
iPhone 4S / 12-2011; 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

iCloud is free.

You'll need iOS5 on your iOS device (iPhone) and either Lion on your Mac.. or if you're a PC user you'll need Vista or Windows 7 as the base OS and the following:

Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, or an up-to-date version of your preferred browser is required for accessing your email, contacts, and calendars in iCloud.

Oh and yes, synching with iTunes will do that. The part of iCloud that is superior is the push synchronization with contacts and calendars.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

In addition to the above - iCloud brings PhotoStream - which means all your new images (either imported into iPhoto or Aperture, depending on what you've enabled) as well as pics taken with the iPhone get synchronized across your iCloud enabled devices. I've found it very useful - although needs an easy pruning feature.
QUOTE Thanks
afriqueart

afriqueart is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Get to the Apple store as fast as you can and get that iPhone 4s. You will not be disappointed!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with my fiance's Iphone 4 and loss of contacts. | settings »