New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

New update IOS 5.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Iangel

Iangel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Iphone 4S, Iphone 3GS, 13'' Macbook Pro

So I've heard that the new update IOS5.1 just kick in, I've been really miserable and upset about the update IOS5.0.1 cause my iPhone 3GS battery is draining extremely fast.Just wanna know if anyone receive the update yet cuz I haven't.

Cheers, Jesus <3 you!
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Only the beta is available at the moment. So only developers can get their hands on it officially, I believe.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
prrs4me

prrs4me is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML

I sure hope they fix the battery issue soon. It's weird. Sometimes phones go dead overnight or in a few hours. Other times they seem to hold the charge. And it doesn't seem to have affected my iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

You may need to do a hard reset of your iPhone. After reaching a full charge, unplug it and and check the usage log in a couple hours (make sure the screen is locked when not in use during that time), found in Settings > General > Usage at the bottom. If the Usage and Standby times are identical, you need to do a hard reset. Something is running continuously in the background that isn't supposed to be.

To do a hard reset, first press the home button and keep it held down. While holding that down, press the lock button up top and keep both of those pressed down until the Apple logo appears. Do not release before then! This takes perhaps 10 seconds. Your phone will then do a reboot that takes another 10-20 seconds perhaps. This should clear up the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
hugtheslug

hugtheslug is a jewel in the roughhugtheslug is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2013 MacBook Air i5 13" / MacBook C2D 2.13GHz / iMac G5 iSight 1.9GHz / iMac G5 1.6 GHz / Pismo G4

Great tip, thanks for that, lifeisabeach.

Cheers

Hugh

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Warning - this user has only a little knowledge
QUOTE Thanks
Iangel

Iangel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Iphone 4S, Iphone 3GS, 13'' Macbook Pro

Thanks for all the replies, I've just restored my phone and it seems that there is a little bit of improvement.I still looking forward for the new update tho.

Cheers, Jesus <3 you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can you sync an iPhone with 2 computers? | Siri not working »