Specs:
    Late 2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5 16gb RAM, Early 2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz 8-Core Xeon 6gb RAM OSX 10.9.x
    4S Frozen help!!!!
    Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 4S and it is frozen. It is in that black screen with the pinwheel that shows when it is about to turn off. Every once in a while it will spin for one revolution then stay frozen for a while. The phone has also gotten warm. I haven't restarted the phone in a while, so i think that's the issue, but i can't restart it in this frozen state. I can't get it to sync with itunes either (i thought it might help plugging it to the computer). I was thinking of just letting the battery run flat but it is fully charged so idk how long that will take. Any advice? thanks.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Press and hold the top button and home button simultaneously until the display clears. After that, you should be able to boot it normally.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Late 2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5 16gb RAM, Early 2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz 8-Core Xeon 6gb RAM OSX 10.9.x
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Press and hold the top button and home button simultaneously until the display clears. After that, you should be able to boot it normally.
    Thanks soo much, i was getting worried there haha. Should i shut it off for a bit to let it cool or is it fine if i leave it in sleep?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by 19birel View Post
    Thanks soo much, i was getting worried there haha. Should i shut it off for a bit to let it cool or is it fine if i leave it in sleep?
    When you do what I described above, you're not putting it to sleep. You're doing a cold shut down. So, no programs are running and the OS is shut down.

You can safely boot it straight back up. Most likely, something caused the system to hang. A cold reboot will likely cure it.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information