New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Iphone volume randomly goes quiet then goes back to normal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

faanjim

faanjim is on a distinguished road

Hi
I have recently upgraded from an Iphone 3s 32GB to 4s 64GB and I have noticed something strange. When I am listening to music the sound suddenly reduces significantly and then a second later goes back to normal.
I did not notice this on my 3s although I had the latest software so this seems to be characteristic of my 4s.
I am well aware of the change of volume preceding a phone call or alert. This change in volume appears to have no reason. I go and check for calls and text messages or alerts and there are non.
Also someone reported an issue similar to this in 2007 with connection to car stereo relating to speed. Doesn't seem to relate to my issue as I am not going at speed and definitely not in a car!
I am sitting with my headphones on at my desk and this volume change has happened about 3 or 4 times in the last hour. The volume change also seems to happen when I have my phone plugged into the auxiliary jack on my stereo, I don't listen to music on my Iphone without headphones or aux to stereo so don't know if this relates to the headphone socket output only.
Anybody else experienced this problem??
Not a major hinderance but it is a bit disconcerting and would like to stop it happening.
J
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Same thing is happening with my iPhone. I tried to bring it in and have them look at it at the apple store but they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Then when it started to happen I drove there immediately and scheduled an appointment as I was in the car. Then the stupid phone started to work again. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Songs Doubling up and not playing on iPhone. | Can't Sync all itunes music to 4s 64gb »