New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Lost my I phone, Just got a replacement

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

proandi

proandi is on a distinguished road

Hey

Quick story and a quick question here.

I lost my I phone 4 (yes I am gutted) no insurance and no tracking app I cut my losses and called orange to bar the phone and send me a new sim. For a replacement handset they wanted 420. What a rip off.

So anyway I've bought one off ebay however the handset is locked to 3 mobile so the question I have is this.

To jailbreak it will I need a 3 sim card in there to begin with? Do I even need to jailbreak it or is there another way around?

All my apps I already have are saved to my account on i tunes will I be able to just put them all back and update my phone as usual?

Any help is appreciated, and I know, I know, jailbreaking I phones may not be cool but I'm just after the advice. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I don't know how but I think there is a way to unlock the phone. Did the Ebay seller tell you it was locked to that carrier?
QUOTE Thanks
proandi

proandi is on a distinguished road

Hey

Yeah it's locked to 3, a quick search says it can be unlocked again so that's not too much of an issue, I'm more concerned with getting all my old apps back when I connect it to I tunes and updating the phone from then on.

I really don't care for downloading apps for free I just want all my twitter, instagram and all my other time wasting social networking apps back
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If that new iPhone is on iOS 5 then I'm afraid you have been misinformed, there is NO working untethered unlock for the iPhone 4 and 4S at this point to the best of my knowledge.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4S & GarageBand | Songs Doubling up and not playing on iPhone. »