Thread: i-phone theft

2 21.5" iMacs 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 500 Gb HD OS X 10.11; 2 iPads iOS 9.1;iPhone 4s iOS 9.1
    i-phone theft
    There are a lot of i-phones on e-bay being offered by supposedly reputable sellers but without original accessories, e.g. chargers etc. Unless it was stolen why would the seller not offer the acessories in the package?

Given that all Apple products have unique identities it ought not to be beyond the wit of man/Apple to identify whether or not they are stolen.

27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Traders, repairers, insurance companies etc can buy reconditioned units en-masse. These are just the bare phone.

That's not to say there aren't stolen iPhones on eBay, I'm sure, given the law of averages there are. But there are legitimate routes for a 'bare' iPhone to be sold
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

macbook unibody
    yeah a lot of the reputable sellers are actually selling good iphones that arent stolen, if you think about if you do a warranty exchange at apple you only give them the phone so then those phones are repaired and sold

New Brunswick, Canada
    13" Late 2011 MBP 8GB RAM 640GB HDD
    I bought a brand new smartphone (not iPhone) without any packaging from a friend. He was accidentally sent 2 replacement handsets for one of his that broke. They didn't want the extra one back so he had a brand new handset to sell and I lucked out by getting a good deal and no contract

Thread Information