New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Gelaskin or screen protector?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AssassinGeek

AssassinGeek is on a distinguished road

So, I face a minor, but important complication.
I've just ordered a full body (covers both sides and sides of iPhone) bestskinsever screen protector package, and a gelaskin as well. I will be putting on the front protector first, and then the skin on top. The question, though lies with the back. It's where the gelaskin is most clearly shown. Should I put the screen protector underneath and the skin on top for more protection? Or is the gelaskin enough? I heard that once you put a gelaskin on top of a screen protector, chances are that you won't be able to get it off without the protector stuck to it. Is the gelaskin enough to prevent scratches and such, or is the screen protector better? Both, or just the skin?
QUOTE Thanks
frankmezz

frankmezz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21 inch

its all decoration. i have had an iphone in my back pocket for over a year and not a scratch on it.
QUOTE Thanks
AssassinGeek

AssassinGeek is on a distinguished road

So, pretty much I shouldn't worry about putting both of them on?
QUOTE Thanks
icapture

icapture is on a distinguished road

Id throw a protector on it. I've had a iPhone 4S for about a month now, and already have minor scratches on it. Nothing deep, but when cleaned of grease and dust and held up to a light you can see little imperfections. And if your thinking right now that I don't baby my phone you are wrong. When possible I always put my phone on a surface softer than the glass (i.e. paper, cloth, wood, ect.) My dilemma is I hate phone cases because I think they take away from the aesthetics of the device, and lets be honest, the attention to form is one of Apple's many strengths.

At the moment I am trying to find some sort of screen polish. Something I can apply once a month to remove minor imperfections.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4S seems to use the Internet for Everything | No sound from speaker, now not restoring Iphone 4 Help »