New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Making iPhone 4 mirror video like the 4s for pico projectors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smartstar

smartstar is on a distinguished road

So I have an iPhone 4 and my gf has an iPhone 4s so I've had some time to test out the new 4S mirroring ability with my projector. I also have the aaxa p4 pico projector that I use to watch stuff from netflix, hulu, and crunchyroll..

These 3 apps have video out and work great but I want to be able to play/see games and home screen.

For the 4S since it has a built in mirroring ability, I basically plug it right in and it shows whatever is on my iPhone 4S screen on my pico projector projection.
Is there any way to hack/mod/get an app that will allow me to mirror my iPhone 4?

There is an article from micro-projectorblog.com showing them mirroring with the iPhone 4S but I need information on the iPhone 4.

I have a jailbroken iPhone if that helps at all.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
smartstar

smartstar is on a distinguished road

so i found a hack.. for this but my OS is too old..
Enable HDMI Video Mirroring On iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie
i tried updating to iOS 5 and re-jailbreaking but couldnt get it to work. only tethered jailbreak right now and updating cydia and restarting messed it up. Not theres some IPSW error..

Here a pictures of the stock video i took

there is also a pretty cool comparison with the aaxa p4 and microvision showwx. I dont have a billion projectors to do reviews or i would..
QUOTE Thanks
preachingpirate

preachingpirate is on a distinguished road

I have this same projector! fancy that. whats the biggest size you got it to project so far or have you just stuck to getting 60" and being happy with that.

With correct lightning you can get pretty solid images with the 80 lumens the aaxa p4 provides. As long as you keep the light away from the wall you are projecting onto ive been able to get some nice 80" images. I took it for a walk outside and got what im guessing was 100" images but its hard to tell.

as for your jailbreak issue i think you're juts going to have to wait till they devs come out with a more complete untethered version. from there you should be able to follow that video out enabling hack.

GL
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« White iPhone 4S Apple logo question | default alert time »