New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Ugh lost everything on my phone.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

So I had my iphone4 replaced this morning cause the speaker phone stopped working..and it was replaced with another iPhone 4

Took it home and before I could restore I had to start as a new phone and update to ios5..cause all of my backups were ios5.. But before it updated it backed up when my phone was dry..thus losing all my app info settings etc.

It wiped out all my pics in the camera roll to but I saved them to the iPad first. I had a felling something like this would happen so I took some preventative steps lol

Has this happened to anyone else?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

It should have a backup from your previous phone and list last backup in iTunes > Devices > Summary > Backup and look at last backup date.
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

I've not had a problem like that.

When I stood on my iPad (Ooops), it was replaced with a new one. Fortunately I backed up my iPad before I took it to the shop so all I had to do when I got home, was plug the new one in and it restored from back up, so it was exactly the same as the other one was.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
It should have a backup from your previous phone and list last backup in iTunes > Devices > Summary > Backup and look at last backup date.
So there is a way I can get to that last back up before the trip to the apple store? That's the one I need
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

Normally it's that easy chuckoir however since my last back up was with ios5 and the iPhone was 4.3 I believe it messed things up
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Dock it to your Mac open iTunes double check all your columns and check each section if your good with it hit the sync button and all should port over.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

Thanks everyone! Just got it all back
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AT&T/Iphone 4S | iPhone 4S Apple ID problem »