New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Verizon vs Sprint: Who is the fastest??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I knew AT&T was faster than other 3G, but not that much faster! I just got on Sprint with the 4S and data speed is crawling at about 0.5mbps!

According to Gizmodo's great iPhone 4S speed test Verizon looks to be much faster than Sprint, but I've also read many comments that indicate it is common knowledge that Verizon is generally slower than Sprint.

I have 2 days left to return my Sprint 4S with the Verizon 4S arriving about the same time, but I don't know which I should keep. I've never gone over 2GB in a month with AT&T, so unlimited benefit isn't an issue.

Anyone know the real story between Verizon and Sprint's networks?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I knew AT&T was faster than other 3G, but not that much faster! I just got on Sprint with the 4S and data speed is crawling at about 0.5mbps!

According to Gizmodo's great iPhone 4S speed test Verizon looks to be much faster than Sprint, but I've also read many comments that indicate it is common knowledge that Verizon is generally slower than Sprint.

I have 2 days left to return my Sprint 4S with the Verizon 4S arriving about the same time, but I don't know which I should keep. I've never gone over 2GB in a month with AT&T, so unlimited benefit isn't an issue.

Anyone know the real story between Verizon and Sprint's networks?
I don't claim to know the real story, but I have to repeat an old saw that I believe was in the Gizmodo article, "location location location".

I have no problem believing that Verizon has superior service to ATT and Sprint, just not in my area. If you want decent service where I live you go with ATT. That doesn't neccessarily apply just 20 miles up the road.

Bottomline: it doesn't matter what kind of service others get and measure, the only thing that really matters is who is fastest (aka best) where you live.

Apparently it isn't Sprint.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

speed is one thing, and really, it comes down to coverage - look at coverage in your area and where you travel to most.

AT&T in my area sucks - slow as molassas in the off hours, even slower at peak times. And the coverage is terrible. For me, Verizon offered the best coverage and most reliable service in the places I go to most.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Well on other phones at my office everyone on Verizon always gets 3G throughout the building, and it's common knowledge that Verizon has the best coverage overall, so even if there's some small difference in speed I'll go with the Verizon phone.

I'll do some speed testing throughout the day with the Sprint phone and then Verizon and see who comes out on top.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Apparently you aren't the only Sprint customer with that problem. Linky.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TomServo

TomServo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

I'll trade speed for realiability. I've never had a connection issue with Verizon and I travel the lower 48 and Alaska and Hawaii. In fact my BB worked on the drive from Anchorage to Seward and while we were out on a whale watching boat.

Tom
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Iphone Wifi Connection | software update iphone 4s »