New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 4 8Gb or iPhone 4S 16Gb?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Macatastic

Macatastic is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 i3 4gb, MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 i5 4gb, iPad2 32GB 3G black, iPhone 4S 16GB black

I am new to the iPhone. I don't already have one to upgrade from, I just have a Nokia at the moment.

The first phone above is 70 cheaper than the second, latest version. Do you think the difference is enough?

As I see it you get a much better camera (I don't have a DSLR), SIRI, twice the memory and processor for your 70.

What does anyone think?

Pete
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I think that a year from now, when you're ready to sell this phone and replace it with an iPhone 5, you'll get the extra 70 back from the sale of the 4S. So in the long run, both phones will cost you about the same. It's just a matter of whether or not you think it's worthwhile to put 70 on layaway for a year to have the newer features. Any extra that you spend on the phone, you'll get back when you sell it.
QUOTE Thanks
kjj11

kjj11 is on a distinguished road

Honestly you should buy the 4s it may be more expensive but its alot better than the iphone 4. The 4s has an a5 unlike the iphone 4 with an a4 chip so therefore the iphone 4s is faster and most likely gonna last u longer
QUOTE Thanks
jaskaeyes

jaskaeyes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Imac, 15" Macbook Pro 2.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7

I just bought my first iphone (4S) two weeks ago when it came out and I'm absolutely loving it. I got the 16gb. I was in the same position as you, trying to decide whether to get iphone 4 or 4S. I eventually decided to get the 4S two days before it came out, the reason is I got a really good deal on the contract and there;s not much difference with the older model when it comes to price, but its much faster, better camera and better everything else.
QUOTE Thanks
Macatastic

Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 i3 4gb, MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 i5 4gb, iPad2 32GB 3G black, iPhone 4S 16GB black

Ok, decided on the 4S, loving it already (came yesterday).

Bought it outright from Apple, so not tied into contract. Have gone with giffgaff. Will see how it goes, great so far.

Also bought a MacBook Pro 13" cos the works laptop graphic card has packed up , means I am all Apple now

Pete
QUOTE Thanks
Macatastic

Taken me 12 months to change over to Apple everything.

BEST thing I have done.

So long PC / Nokia.

The futures' Apple for me.

Pete
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Congrats and I have phone envy still rocking the 4.
QUOTE Thanks
afriqueart

afriqueart is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Just upgraded from a 3gs to a 4s. Take the plunge. You will not be disappointed!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone video filmed vertically | Is my iPhone Bugged? »