New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Should have got 4S?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

todd23

todd23 is on a distinguished road

I got my first iPhone on Friday and went for the 8Gb 4. Now I wish I had more space and was wondering if I should just get the 16Gb 4S? What's holding me back are all the battery life complaints. This iPhone 4 has fantastic battery life. I took it off the charger Sunday night. It still has 54% left. Obviously I've just been texting, mild Bluetooth use and some phone calls.

Any advice? I would like to get about two days use out of my phone before charging it.
QUOTE Thanks
cooncesean

cooncesean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd23 View Post
I got my first iPhone on Friday and went for the 8Gb 4. Now I wish I had more space and was wondering if I should just get the 16Gb 4S? What's holding me back are all the battery life complaints. This iPhone 4 has fantastic battery life.

Any advice? I would like to get about two days use out of my phone before charging it.
If you are simply looking at battery performance, then stick with the phone you have (iPhone 4). If you need more space, I would suggest returning the iPhone 4 you have purchasing a 16GB of the same model.

That said, if you manage your brightness on the iPhone 4S you should be able to run that phone for at least 2 days looking at your use case. I would also assume that Apple is aware of the battery life issues on the 4S and are working on software patches to address this.

The guys at Tested have just posted a quick look of the iPhone 4S and they specifically discuss battery life at 3:25 in this video.
QUOTE Thanks
todd23

todd23 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link! I actually was going to get the 16Gb iPhone 4 (they didn't have any 4S models in stock). They checked and turns out they were out of 16Gb 4 so they gave me a 32 for the price of the 16!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd23 View Post
Thanks for the link! I actually was going to get the 16Gb iPhone 4 (they didn't have any 4S models in stock). They checked and turns out they were out of 16Gb 4 so they gave me a 32 for the price of the 16!
Did you get the 32 for $200?

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I have not heard my next door neighbors complain on battery life with 4s yet but one of my co workers since updating to iOS5 on his iPhone 4 said his battery life got cut in half.
I have the 4 with iOS5 and have only seen a slight decrease in battery life and I charge mine every other day. I would say it might depend on someones usage of 3g,
push notifications and a few other settings.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

I can't believe they gave you an 32 for the price of an 16! Technically, we don't have 16 gig 4's anymore! (not supposed to sell them) Where did you get the phone?

Doug
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone mix up... | iPhone Cracks and more! »