New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

What size iPhone for me?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone5s

I've finally decided to move on from my trusty Nokia candy bar phone and join the iPhone brotherhood. One thing that confuses me is what size memory to get. I won't be watching films or playing games, and I can live without Facebook or Twitter but I will be accessing the internet, using a navigation app, occasional emails perhaps, taking the odd photo when I don't have my DSLR with me and I'm happy to have my music on my iPod touch which lives in the car. OK I'll probably find a few apps that interest me once I get my new phone, but I don't think there are many other 'must have' requirements.

Posting here for any advice on why I should need a larger capacity phone. What will I not be able to do? Will I regret not getting a 32 or 64GB in a few months or will the basic (!) 16GB model be just fine?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I got the 32GB 4 no regrets I hold a lot of music and photos and a few music videos
and wanted some storage room because I was unsure how much shooting in the cam corder mode would take up. Music and video will eat the space up more so than anything else apps and I have a lot of them not so much.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhamor View Post
In the market there are various size of iPhones are available but it depends on user's requirement and desire. Generally users desired to watch in medium screen and portability of device so, which size user prefer according to their requirement. There is some siezes like 16GB,32GB and 64 GB.
Hence the reason for my question.

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
I've finally decided to move on from my trusty Nokia candy bar phone and join the iPhone brotherhood. One thing that confuses me is what size memory to get. I won't be watching films or playing games, and I can live without Facebook or Twitter but I will be accessing the internet, using a navigation app, occasional emails perhaps, taking the odd photo when I don't have my DSLR with me and I'm happy to have my music on my iPod touch which lives in the car. OK I'll probably find a few apps that interest me once I get my new phone, but I don't think there are many other 'must have' requirements.

Posting here for any advice on why I should need a larger capacity phone. What will I not be able to do? Will I regret not getting a 32 or 64GB in a few months or will the basic (!) 16GB model be just fine?
If you don't use your phone for gaming then I think the 16GB is fine. That's the one I have. I don't have any music on it and I only have the facebook app installed on it. That's all I need.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Seattleite

Seattleite is on a distinguished road

I have plenty of music, photos, and apps on my 16gb model and have never come close to maxing out the available space.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
Hence the reason for my question.
It sounds like you will be a lightweight user and probably won't need more than 16GB. For people like me 16GB isn't enough. That's what I currently have and my iPhone is almost full. Most of it is music though since I have a pretty decent sized collection but I do also have a decent collection of apps and some videos.

I have the lower monthly data plan so I don't want to stream my music. 32GB is the minimum for me but from what you have said 16GB should be good enough for you.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Thanks everyone. Looks like 16Gb is the way to go. Now to find a decent tariff...

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I'm curious - has anyone noted a correlation between memory size and performance? I ask this - because I noted a clear difference between my wife's 16GB iPod Touch and my 64GB iPod Touch. Mine just seemed snappier - doing the same tasks. Has anyone else noted this? I'll add that I noticed this when they were still fairly new - before we loaded them up with any music/apps, etc.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« about to go crazy/activation help pleaseee | plastic screen bump »