Specs:
    13" laptop 2009, 2.26GHZ intel core 2 duo, 4GB ram, iphone 4gs 64GB
    Wink iphone 4s battery life
    I find the new iphone 4 s battery does not last as long as the iphone 4. Does anyone know how to turn off the apps that are running in the background? Or is there a app I can get that will shut them down? for instance I have Free Memory app installed and it tells me these programs that are using up memory..maybe if I can turn some off it would save my battery life?
    Just wondering....
    Thanks

Specs:
    21.5" 2011 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 16GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz
    The iPhone 4S has a dual core processor and a higher connection speed. Therefor the battery is going to be dragged down faster than the 4.

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Thread moved to a more appropriate forum.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by barbz View Post
    I find the new iphone 4 s battery does not last as long as the iphone 4. Does anyone know how to turn off the apps that are running in the background? Or is there a app I can get that will shut them down? for instance I have Free Memory app installed and it tells me these programs that are using up memory..maybe if I can turn some off it would save my battery life?
    Just wondering....
    Thanks
    Double press the home button should show you all the apps that are open and running in the background. You can close them that way.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone7, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    It can take a few cycles of the battery before you see it's true capacity. Not to mention it's likely, consciously or unconsciously you'll be playing with your new 4s more than normal.

Not to mention that there seem to be a few apps knocking around at the moment using high CPU on iOS5.

As CrimsonRequiem notes you can close recently used apps, though that more frees memory than CPU cycles.

One thing I have found that seem to hit the battery is geo-fencing in the reminders app.

Just a few things to mull over.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
    Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    One thing I have found that seem to hit the battery is geo-fencing in the reminders app.
    GEO-FENCING that is a word i heard at an iPhone 4S workshop at my local Apple Store on Saturday, i do believe i know what that means exactly, you can set reminders to tell you have to do something when you leave your current location and likewise you set a reminder to tell you to do something when you get home, that is pretty bloody clever eh, no wonder the battery takes a bashing !

tim

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz Duo Core with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Drive
    I have not had battery issues. After a normal day while working, and playing with my iPhone off the clock and it now being 11:40 pm I still have 63 percent battery. My screen brightness is turned down though (waste of battery), I am anal about quitting the apps, and I make sure my wifi is turned off unless I plan on using it.

Thread Information