New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Creating calendar event doesn't send out invite email to invitee

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

halfmonkey

halfmonkey is on a distinguished road

I'm setting up my iphone 4S and for the life of me, I can'g figure out why when I create an event on my calendar and I select a person to add as an invitee, it doesn't seem to be sending out an invite email to that person. I type in the email address and then click done and when I get back to the event screen, it shows a 1 where I typed in the invitee name and then I click done to save the event. Can someone help me as I'm obviously doing something wrong.

When I connected my iphone to my mac, I tired creating another event but this time on my iMac and when I tried to create an event and invite an invitee, it said I wasn't able to because I need to create an address card. I did that and then select the option to Make this my card (or something to that effect.) I went back and tried to create the event, include an invitee, and when I went to save it, it didn't give me an error message but it doesn't seem that my invitee got an email.

Please help.
QUOTE Thanks
halfmonkey

halfmonkey is on a distinguished road

So after busting my head over this the entire weekend, I finally figured it out. So in order to be able to add an invitee, I have to use my Home calendar first off because it appears that if I select Yahoo as my default calendar, it doesn't even allow me to add invitees to the calendar event. So the missing link was, I need to create and select my actual own contact information under the Contact setting. There's a field that says, My Info and you have to click it and attach a contact that represents you.

So after doing this, it appears that all is good to go.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie iPhone 4s owner - only 1 photo showing in photo app..pls help! | Iphone 4s Sound »