New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maxtrezise

maxtrezise is on a distinguished road

Okay, I am new to this site, and I am not extraordinarily technologically gifted either.

So, I need the help of you all!

Here is my problem. I have a mac laptop running OS 10.4. I do not have the newest Lion OS 10.7, and I cannot update my iTunes to 10.5. I just got the new iPhone 4S today, and I am DYING to get me iTunes library onto my new phone! But because of these reasons I cannot!

Does anyone know a way to do this? Is the only possible way to transfer my music library onto a external hard drive and upload onto someone else's computer in order to get in into my phone?

If anyone knows a way to help, or any ideas, I would reallllly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone,
Max
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

And you're not willing to upgrade your Mac laptop because ...

PS. If the answer is "because it's too old," then you should understand that trying to mix brand-new electronics with 5+ year old equipment is always going to cause problems, especially in Apple World. ALWAYS check the system requirements BEFORE buying new equipment, or software, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
maxtrezise

Money for one thing, but the apple store said I would need to buy a whole new computer to have a processor powerful enough to run the operating system.

Trust me, I wish I could afford all new equipment, but student loans are expensive. I was just looking for ways that might work for me with my current situation.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtrezise View Post
Money for one thing, but the apple store said I would need to buy a whole new computer to have a processor powerful enough to run the operating system.

Trust me, I wish I could afford all new equipment, but student loans are expensive. I was just looking for ways that might work for me with my current situation.
You need iTunes 10.5 and that only runs on Leopard OSX 10.5 or higher.

Linky. <- Has info on hardware specs too.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Not to be too snarky, but ... computers are expensive but $200 iPhones with a minimum $70/month bill aren't?
QUOTE Thanks
maxtrezise

Haha... okay once and for all, like I stated from the beginning, the point of this message was not to make me buy a new computer. I had $200 to buy the iPhone 4S and my monthly phone bill is still paid for by my parents' family plan--still unemployed post-college.

I wanted to know if there was a simple app or something that could override the need to buy a whole new computer. I guess not. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

It's not really an "app" but Leopard would override the need to buy a whole new computer. You never did actually bother to tell us what model Mac laptop you have, so I guess we're done here until you do.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Siri Doesn't work? | MMS Not Working »