Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
    Siri Will Not Understand!
    Anyone having problems with Siri not understanding? I do not have an accent and anything I say it just says a different version of cannot understand.

I have even held it up to my computer speakers where people show how it works and when it works for them it still won't under stand.

Anyone?

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
    Anyone having problems with Siri not understanding? I do not have an accent and anything I say it just says a different version of cannot understand.

I have even held it up to my computer speakers where people show how it works and when it works for them it still won't under stand.

Anyone?
    Siri understands me just fine so far. ^-^ I also don't have an accent.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    Yeah, I feel I may be in the extreme minority with this issue so far, I could not find anyone with the same problem online.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    How many times have you used it?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    Multiple times, I go into it every once and try it hoping it will suddenly work but never have any luck

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
    Multiple times, I go into it every once and try it hoping it will suddenly work but never have any luck
    Have you tried changing the "Language?" I've heard some people get better results with the UK or the Aussie version.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

:(
    I'm having the same problem. No matter what I say, Siri tells me she doesn't understand. I think it must be defective since no one else seems to be having this issue and this is the ONLY thing I have even seen online that addresses the issue. How sad for us. I made an appointment at the Apple store to exchange it tomorrow.....

Specs:
    Yep, tried the language too. Thanks for the help lol. I am going to call Apple support tomorrow

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mychelleb View Post
    I'm having the same problem. No matter what I say, Siri tells me she doesn't understand. I think it must be defective since no one else seems to be having this issue and this is the ONLY thing I have even seen online that addresses the issue. How sad for us. I made an appointment at the Apple store to exchange it tomorrow.....
    Well finally at least I don't think I am crazy anymore lol. Ya I am going to call Apple tomorrow. I am hoping I can take care of it at the Verizon store instead of the closest apple store cuz that is 2 hours away.

Been on hold with support for 25 min now. I'll let you know if they come up with any solutions... I'm doubtful though.... =\

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Might be the mic in your iPhone is distorting the voice a bit. Could be wrong, but I know with older style voice recognizing softwares the Microphone was critical to it picking up the words right.

Let us know what Apple does.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Might be the mic in your iPhone is distorting the voice a bit. Could be wrong, but I know with older style voice recognizing softwares the Microphone was critical to it picking up the words right.

Let us know what Apple does.
    Thats what I thought too but I tried calling people and they said I sounded normal and not messed up at all.

All you guys working on the problem keep me updated. I am going to deal with it tomorrow.

Sooooo... After a 55 minute phone call, I was instructed to turn Siri on and off and then restart my phone. Didn't work. Then he said maybe I had too many programs multi-tasking... Not likely considering I haven't downloaded any apps yet.... Last resort, told me to do a system reset (hold home key and top button). Still no word from Siri unless she's complaining something went wrong and/or she can't understand me. To the apple store I go....

To put things into perspective, however, the rep did tell me that he's been on the phone all day dealing with people who updated their 4 to the new OS and lost everything permanently on their iPhone (pics etc) so I guess not being able to play with my new robot pal for a few more hours until I get to the store isn't that bad....

Good news! I did that a few more times and she WORKS!!! Yipeeeeee. Oh and she's so worth the fight!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mychelleb View Post
    Good news! I did that a few more times and she WORKS!!! Yipeeeeee. Oh and she's so worth the fight!
    Glad your personal assistant can understand you now.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Thread Information