New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Upgrade to 4.3.5 problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maxatl

maxatl is on a distinguished road

Hi, I updated my iPhone 3gs firmware to 4.3.5 and some problems started right away:

- some apps don't start. I get the flash screen and after half a second I get back to my apps screen.
- the volume control of my headphones doesn't work on the iPhone, but it does on other devices.
- I can't charge on the wall, and when I plug the USB cable to the MacBook I get a message saying that the USB device is drawing too much power so the USB port is disabled.This happens in all computers I connect to.

Any solution? ANyone with the same problem after upgrading?

Thanks a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Hello and welcome to MacForums ,
I have not seen this list of of issues related to that update but would advise doing a full restore " as a new device " and not from a back up . The file you downloaded my have been corrupted some how . Give it a shot and let us know how it went.

Hope this helps
Clay
QUOTE Thanks
maxatl

Thanks Clay.
I didn't download a file... I just upgraded in iTunes, I thoink with the "official" upgrade.
I was searching the web to see if I could downgrade, but I didn't find anything that would give me security.
BTW, my iPhone is not jailbroken.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light

I understand that you did the upgrade thru iTunes but it has been known to happen,,,,

Clay
QUOTE Thanks
maxatl

Yep Clay, it could have been a faulty update.
Do you know how can I fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

The 1st steps I would take would be to check for a iTunes update to make sure you have the latest ( of course that will change tomorrow a head of weds IOS 5 launch ) then I would restore the device as " a new device " I am betting that these steps will solve your problems. If not there are deeper steps we will investigate.

Hope this helps
Clay
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« slow iphone | iphone5 be available on Verizon? »