New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Pre-ordering AppleCare+ with iPhone 4S?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lschwarcz

lschwarcz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S

Well, after much aggravation last night I was able to place orders for the iPhone 4S for me and my wife. But, I couldn't figure out how to order the AppleCare+ warranty. I was looking all over the site and found lots of information including the price ($99) nowhere could I see how to add it to my shopping cart.

Was anyone able to order this? I called Apple yesterday (before the pre-orders went on-line) and was told that the AppleCare+ warranty had to be purchased at the same time as the iPhone. This is to prevent someone from dropping or somehow damaging their iPhone (other than manufacture defect) and then buying the warranty (basically cheating the system).

I went ahead with my order and will try calling Apple later today to see if I can add it to the order but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks!
Larry.
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Hmmm. I bought mine on AT&T's site and they didn't have it as an option.

They did however have the AT&T insurance plan as an option but I wanted to do a little more research on whether I want that or the AppleCare+.

QUOTE Thanks
lschwarcz

lschwarcz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwarcz View Post
Well, after much aggravation last night I was able to place orders for the iPhone 4S for me and my wife. But, I couldn't figure out how to order the AppleCare+ warranty. I was looking all over the site and found lots of information including the price ($99) nowhere could I see how to add it to my shopping cart.

Was anyone able to order this? I called Apple yesterday (before the pre-orders went on-line) and was told that the AppleCare+ warranty had to be purchased at the same time as the iPhone. This is to prevent someone from dropping or somehow damaging their iPhone (other than manufacture defect) and then buying the warranty (basically cheating the system).

I went ahead with my order and will try calling Apple later today to see if I can add it to the order but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks!
Larry.
UPDATE: Later on Friday I got two e-mails from Apple (one for each iPhone 4S order) noting that they didn't offer me the AppleCare+ plan for the phones and if I wanted it all I had to do was to reply to the e-mail. I replied to both and the AppleCare+ plan was added to each order! Pretty simple fix after their screw-up (one of many in the whole iPhone 4S ordering process).

Now, as long as the phones arrive this Friday I'll be happy!

Now, if they could only get the Lion bug fixed so that I'll stay connected to my WiFi network when I wake up my MBP .

Have fun everyone!
Larry.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free Upgrade from iPhone 4 to 4s with Accessories | ibook g4 OSX 10.4.11 obselete?!? time for a new computer? »